If discolored and stained teeth are keeping you away from having a wonderful white smile, teeth whitening may be the answer.
Professional teeth whitening solutions can remove many different types of stains from your teeth. Modern advancements in dental technology have created a number of teeth whitening techniques for our dentists and patients to choose from.
The benefits of this treatment include massive improvement in your teeth in a very short span of time. Bleaching treatment leads to whitening of the teeth that are yellow, pale or have been discolored due to many reasons.
Below is the overall process of teeth whitening.
- The dentist will record the current state of your teeth either by taking a digital photograph i.e. before treatment pictures.
- Protection of gums is important; therefore, we cover them with a protective gel or cotton material to protect them from any splashes of bleach. Eyes are protected from the laser beam and bleach by wearing goggles.
- We will then apply a whitening gel to your teeth. This gel contains a high concentration of peroxide which helps to bleach the teeth white.
- Then a small handheld light or laser is used which emits a beam onto your teeth to stimulate the bleaching process. This has the effect of speeding the process up. This process can take up to an hour.
- Once this is done the dentist will wash off the whitening gel before reviewing the final result. This involves taking a photograph i.e. after treatment pictures.
Zoom!® Professional Teeth Whitening in Canonsburg, PA
There are many teeth whitening options available today. At Center One Dental, we offer Zoom!® Whitening System (or Zoom!), which combines the latest advances in dental technology with proven formulas for optimal whitening. When you come to us for Zoom! Teeth whitening, you can expect professional, top-notch service paired with a personal touch. Zoom!® Whitening can help you boost the appearance of your smile! Zoom! Teeth Whitening is a bleaching process that lightens the dentin and enamel of your teeth with a hydrogen peroxide gel in combination with a mercury halide light. We always recommend a consultation before starting your teeth whitening treatment.
To schedule a consultation at Center One Dental in Canonsburg, PA call us at (724) 213-2274.